Privacy Notice for Customers and Applicants
How we manage the personal data of customers
The identity and contact details of the controller
The Data Controller is TotalCRB Disclosure & Barring Service t/a Total Screening.
To contact the Data Controller, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 310 1057.
We are not required to have a designated data protection officer under the GDPR.
Purpose of the processing and the lawful basis for the processing
We are collecting your personal information to provide you with our products and services or to process yours/your employees DBS application(s).
Our basis for processing is:
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
If you do not accept this basis, then you may object to us or to the ICO as described below
Categories of personal data
The categories of personal data we hold are:
- Name details
- Contact details
- Proof of ID
Any recipient or categories of recipients of the personal data
We routinely share this information with the Disclosure and Barring Service for the purpose of your/your employees DBS application(s) and so that the DBS may issue you with a DBS clearance certificate. A task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Details of transfers to third country and safeguards
The servers which host our internal systems and applications are located in the UK.
Our information processors who process personal information on our behalf do so within the UK.
Retention period or criteria used to determine the retention period
We will retain your/your employees personal data for the duration of your contract with us, and for a period of 12 months after your contract has ended, or as long as is necessary to meet our legal duties, whichever is the greater.
The existence of each of the data subject’s rights
As the data subject, you have the following rights about the use of your personal information:
- Where the basis for processing is your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us.
- If your personal information is incorrect, you may request that errors or incomplete entries be rectified
- In certain circumstances, you may have the right to be forgotten and your data erased. Please contact if you wish to exercise this right.
- Whilst any request is being investigated, you have the right to restrict processing, so that your information will simply be stored.
- You can request the return of transfer of any personal data you have given to us in a portable electronic format
We do not use automated decision making and profiling of your personal information without human intervention.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us in writing at TotalCRB Disclosure & Barring Service t/a Total Screening, 2nd Floor Bridge End Building, 2D Orrell Lane, Burscough, Lancashire, L40 0SQ
The source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources
Your personal information is collected ether directly from you, or from your employer if they have a contract with us to provide product and services
Whether the provision of personal data is part of a statutory or contractual requirement or obligation and possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data
Your personal information is processed as part of our contract to provide product and services
The existence of automated decision making, including profiling and information about how decisions are made, the significance and the consequences.
We do not use automated decision making or profiling of any kind.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office by:
- Helpline. Call them on 0303 123 1113, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
- Live chat or email. Have a conversation with someone at the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
You also the right to seek legal redress in the event of suffering harm which you do not feel has been sufficiently addressed by us or by the ICO.